Come one, come all to the Hutt Gorge Race! Yes its that time of the year again when we race for the coveted Hutt Gorge Shield, and of course a fun day out on the water with pals.
When is it you ask? well, it will be held onso save the date!
Please complete the below entry form before race day!
Team Sign up:
If you have a team of three, please sign up here!
Individual sign up:
If you can’t find anyone to paddle with please signup below and we will do our best to match up paddlers to form teams on the day.
Here is some of the not so important stuff:
- Entry fee is $10 per paddler ($30 per team)
- Race starts from the “put-in” with the finish flag after “toilet bowl” rapid, that makes it approximately 20 minutes of racing.
- Teams consist of 3 members who must paddle and stick together as a team or face the wrath of the gods! (disqualification).
- You need to self-rescue and provide safety for your team members. Although there will be race safety at the more sticky spots.
- The teams finish time is when the last member touches the finish flag.
- After all have finished the race the group all paddle to take out, licking their wounds and/or bragging about their lines taken.
- There is a maximum boat length of 9 foot (that’s 2,743mm for you modern metric peeps).
- The committee’s decision is final, you better believe it!
- To fill those empty tum tum’s a BBQ will be help afterwards at the clubrooms with Shield presentation to the glorious and immortalised winning team.
- Camping is available at the Kaitoke regional park at put in, or commercial campground 500m from club rooms.
- There is a possibility of another paddle on Sunday, it will be organised on the weekend, adhoc.